Thursday, May 10, 2012

City update 2

Here are a few more pics as promised from my last post.



The two building in the pictures above are Stoelzel's Structures. The building with the awning is The Market and a 3 story brick building is from the Modular Urban Center Kit (M.U.C.K.). The Muck kit is great buy for $15. It comes with 6 pre designed building in a couple different styles. It also comes with wall brink blanks so you can add as many windows, doors, signs, etc as you wish. They all have a variety of interiors as well. The sidewalks are also from the Muck kit. Here's a link so you can check out all the info if you like.
Stoelzel's Structures M.U.C.K.

The beige building on the left is a Sarissa apartment building that's under construction. I purchased their mixed bundle deal along with the warehouse and a few extra buildings a couple months ago. I just haven't had the time to work on them. I might borrow Lucky Joe's color schemes. He did a great job on them and that's what made me buy them. Kudo's to you LJ =)

Next item are the streets. I was going to go with the WWG streets but they are a bit small for me. They look great but I wanted streets that are a bit wider so I made my own. I made them using hard board (the stuff that's in most picture frames behind the picture) and a white marker for the lines. The straights are 6" x 6" and the intersection is 8" x 8" with the corners curved out so the sidewalks corners would fit flush. I also made a few 12" x 6" sections. I will make some curves and other street sections later.


The building above is from Warm Acre called "The Club". Cost was $3.95. Warm Acre offers a few nice buildings but the are exterior builds - no insides. I'm going to do a kit bash later and add an interior once I get a nice set of buildings for my layout done. The corner where it sits is not complete. I just placed it there to fill the corner for the pictures. It will have it's own 2' x 2' section with a fence around it and parking. The name will also be changed to the "Badda Bing". Reaper has a great zombie strippers 3 pack that are going to be perfect for it. They also have urban zombies 3 pack that has a cop, a john and a hooker. You can check them out on my webstore item numbers 50213 and 50038. All the vehicles pictured are also available along with a bunch of others.


Here are a few more pictures of the build.





These are the next two buildings that I'm working on. I should have them done soon.



After these I'll get started on the Sarissa buildings. I really need to get some minis painted too.
I have over 200 zombies that need painting. Will the fun ever end =P

I hope you enjoyed the update. Tell your friends. More to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Your buildings look very good, but I'm particularly impressed with your scratchbuilt roads. They look very professional. Big thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, That mean's a lot to me coming from the master builder =). The Market has a complete interior the other one is just the frame for now. Once I get enough buildings I'll go back and add all the details.

      I just posted a review on Paper Crafting. Let me know your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a great looking table. Thanks very much for the kind words and the link to my Sarissa buildings. You're doing a great job with the MUCK kit. I have that one but haven't used it yet. I'll be able to come back here and see how to make them right.

    ReplyDelete